The SCLogic team has done it again with a well-written article recently published in Mailing Systems Technology magazine called, “Cutting Mail Center Costs: The Goldilocks Approach.” Why Goldilocks? Because there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to making your mailroom more efficient.
The article poses questions to help you think through what might work best for your situation, inviting you to think from expansive, moderate, and creative/resourceful positions. For example:
- Is your mail center experiencing the year-over-year 25% growth in package deliveries?
- Did you know 12% of all packages fail to be delivered on the first attempt?
- Do you have wait lines out the door during holidays and beginning of semester?
- Are you receiving less white mail and having a hard time making good use of your mailboxes?
- Were you given some budget to invest in sound, money-saving technology or are you expected to make improvements with your current resources?
Which questions resonate with your department and team?
The article follows up these questions with some ideas to consider, so check it out if you’re looking for some inspiration. Remember, there’s no right answer except the one that fits you “just right.”