Maybe you’re one of those organizations known for throwing the most awesome holiday parties in town. But if not, here are some ideas from an article in Inc.com that might just spice things up a bit.
- Pick a theme: Choose a favorite decade, ugly shoes (instead of sweaters?), something to give your coworkers to focus their fun on and go to town. Nothing says good times like a little Cockapoo tangled in a bunch of Christmas lights on your loafers.
- Door prizes: It never hurts to give a little something special to the folks that work hard for you throughout the year. Gadgets, a funny mug, even a paid day off, can really make a difference.
- Rent or make a photo booth: Especially after a few convivial beverages, this can really be one the crowd enjoys. Don’t forget the goofy props like oversized glasses, Santa hats, jingle bell necklaces, fake snow, giant candy canes? Use your imagination and have a blast.
- Give back to the community: Don’t forget that many others in the world aren’t as fortunate as you, so you can do a little bit of both. Hold a food/gently used toy drive, ask employees to vote for their favorite non-profit that you as a company can donate to, then go out for some drinks and celebrate how good life truly is.
- Ditch the office party for a group outing: Office parties are great without doubt, but not for everyone. Group outings like bowling, caroling, seeing a comedy show, or playing laser tag might be just the ticket to really bring coworkers together.
For more ideas, see the full article, “9 Corporate Holiday Part Ideas Your Employees Will Be Talking About for Weeks.”