As summer slowly turns to fall, another NACUMS conference has come and gone. This year’s conference was EPIC, as always. Why? Over half of the NACUMS attendees are SCLogic customers! So, not only did we meet some new faces, but we also got to spend a considerable amount of time with several familiar faces. We also provided the software solution to track session attendees for the ninth year in a row (details below).
Setting up your campus logistics software to track people is a fairly simple process as each attendee has a badge with a unique QR code and each session has a unique ID. Using a handheld device, the conference staff members can scan the attendees in and out of the sessions. This creates a time and date stamp of who attended each session and if they stayed for the entirety of that session. After the conference, simply pull a report of each attendee to verify they are eligible to receive their various certifications which are dependent on the sessions they attended.
A few key takeaways from this year’s conference are:
- Intelligent lockers are hotter than ever – SCLogic can integrate with most vendors via API.
- Package volumes are still soaring even with Amazon delivering direct on most campuses.
- Everyone is interested in integrating with UPS and FedEx – contact us to learn more about this capability.
- The mailroom is being tasked to do more than just manage mail and packages. Several customers asked about tracking assets, surplus, print/copy jobs, and tasks.
- SCLogic’s first-ever User Group was a great success. We loved meeting with everyone in one place to openly discuss new features and answer questions. In fact, we’re planning another user group in June 2020 – details to follow!
Check back often to continue to learn more about how the Intra Platform can work for you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or visit our website.