SCLogic is celebrating World FM Day with IFMA! As IFMA stated, “World FM Day is about you. It’s a day of celebration and recognition for the facility management profession. It’s a time to bring the behind-the-scenes heroes of the building environment into the limelight and share the well-deserved thanks for keeping our facilities healthy, safe and productive.”
To celebrate, IFMA is releasing content for free all week (May 13 – May 17). We decided to build on IFMA’s idea and share some of our most valuable content regarding facilities and those who support them.
So, without further ado, here are the top 7 facility management blog posts from SCLogic. We hope they will spark some interest and help you gain a deeper understanding of everything facilities.
- “Most facility managers are aware of, if not actively using, a tracking system to obtain visibility over white mail, packages, and other physical assets that move throughout campus. The concept is straightforward and yields a helpful outcome: stick a barcode on something, scan it at specified checkpoints, notify recipients with automated email/text notifications and ultimately close the accountability gap with a signature upon delivery and a handy report or two to seal the deal. A beneficial tool to be sure, but what if the core idea of this functionality is expanded to address the needs of multiple departments and business processes in a facility, elevating the work done and broadening an FM’s sphere of influence within the organization?”
- “SCLogic was fortunate enough to learn about Jon Burke via our amazing VP of Marketing, Ashley Cleveland. Mr. Burke is a distant relative by marriage, so she affectionately refers to him as “Uncle Jon” or “Non-Uncle Jon” as the actual case may be. Precise familial ties aside, Mr. Burke is the Facilities Subject Matter Expert for a major electronics company, so we were excited that he agreed to talk to us about his life in Facility Management, as well as answer a few fun questions.”
- “Whether you’re new to Facilities Management or simply looking to brush up on the latest trends, you won’t want to miss this year’s lineup of conferences. Geared specifically towards Facility Managers, attendees at any of these shows will have the opportunity to network with their peers, attend workshops to further their career, and meet with exhibitors to discuss the latest technology trends within the industry.”
- “Here at SCLogic, we understand you have the complex task of managing a Facility all while keeping overhead costs down. How do you make a business case for new technology when you have no budget? Don’t worry, we have the answers! In this blog, you will learn how to make your case for a technology that is sophisticated enough to support your overarching business initiatives while being straightforward and reliable for your operators. Listed below are three of the major signs that you need some sort of facilities management software.”
- “Every healthcare facility is tasked with reducing costs all while maintaining efficiency and sustainability efforts. Unlike package tracking software products, in-building logistics platforms have more than just one use-case within a facility. This is a game-changer for managers because they can spread the cost of the system across multiple departments, decreasing their overall spend – win!”
- “Last week at IFMA’s World Workplace marked SCLogic’s official first year in the IFMA Facility Management space, which put us in a contemplative frame of mind. What have we gleaned from the past 12 months? We’ve been furiously working at understanding our IFMA facility manager audience and assessing how our solutions best complement their needs and ideals, so how far did we come?”
- “There is so much buzz surrounding the importance of emerging technology, it can be overwhelming. Is an overarching tech upgrade to your facility necessary or even viable? Where do you start? How do you gain acceptance and begin the process? What should your expectations be? An article recently published in Facility Executive called “Preparing Facilities For The Inevitable Digital Transformation” does a good job of breaking down the most salient components to understanding all the trendy talk and information floating around and how it might realistically apply to your organization.”
As always if you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to reach out to us below in the comments section or by visiting the contact page of our website.